Hen Party Terms and Conditions of Service
Updated December 2021
Between US/WE (The First Dance Company), your TEACHER (the person allocated to teach your lessons) and YOU (The Clients/attendees).
The following Terms and Conditions detail the agreement between us, The First Dance Company, and you, the Clients/attendees.
When making a payment for a hen dance party, you agree to abide by the Terms and Conditions set out below.
In the unlikely occurrence of a misunderstanding, please refer back to these Terms and Conditions. To protect your own interests please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before making a payment. Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have a query.
Responsibilities of Us, The First Dance Company
• To provide a teacher to create a routine/teach basic steps and skills to suit your ability and requirements.
• We reserve the right to supply an alternate teacher and/or re-arrange the lessons should the original teacher become unavailable.
• In the event that unforeseen circumstances prevent our teacher attending a lesson, the fees paid will be returned to you.
• We are not responsible for any damage to the property of you (or owner of the lesson venue) or for any physical or mental harm or injury to you during the lessons.
• To provide a clear, suitable space for the lessons to take place in, if we are providing the venue.
• We reserve the right to allow the teacher authority to refuse entry to any attendees inappropriately dressed, intoxicated or displaying inappropriate behaviour.
Responsibilities of the Teacher
• To have valid Public Liability Insurance
• To choreograph an appropriate dance/teach appropriate steps and skills for you.
• To consult you at the start of the party regarding and participants health concerns.
• To assess the needs and abilities of you and conduct the lesson in a manner appropriate to this.
• To create and rehearse the dance routine/steps with you throughout the party.
• To agree to and abide by the First Dance Company Teacher Code of Conduct.
• To not be responsible for any damage to the property of you (or owner of lesson space) or for any physical or mental harm or injury to you during the lessons.
• The teacher reserves the right to refuse entry to any attendees who are inappropriately dressed, intoxicated or displaying inappropriate behaviour.
Responsibilities of You, the Clients
• To take the dance party lesson from the teacher
• To treat the teacher with dignity and respect. Any behaviour considered insulting or abusive will result in the cessation of the party.
• To inform us of any medical conditions or injuries at the start of the dance party so the teacher can make appropriate considerations and mitigations.
• To ensure all attendees take part in the party in appropriate clothing and footwear.
• To ensure all attendees join the party without being under the influence of alcohol or other substances.
• To provide a clear, suitable space for the lessons to take place in, if you are providing the venue.
• To not hold us or the teacher responsible for any damage to your property (or that of owner of the lesson space) or for any personal physical or mental harm or injury to yourselves during the lessons.
• An £80 deposit must be made at the time of booking, as per the invoice issued by us. Lessons are not confirmed until this payment has been made.
• There is a minimum of 8 participants attending or to be paid for.
• Failure to pay within the period specified shall result in the non-occurrence of lessons.
• Balancing payment and final number of participants must be confirmed 4 weeks before the dance party takes place.
• Any changes made after the 4 week period will be made at our discretion.
Cancellation and Rescheduling
• We reserve the right to cancel lessons under the following conditions:
1) If the teacher becomes unavailable due to extreme circumstances that we have no control over.
In this circumstance we will first endeavour to either find a replacement teacher or re-schedule the lesson. If this is not possible, the lesson will be cancelled and we will refund you for the cancelled lesson.
2) If the teacher has been subject to abusive or unacceptable behaviour from you.
• You can cancel or reschedule the dance party with a minimum of 48 hours notice.
- Cancelled parties will receive a refund, minus a 10% admin fee.
- Rescheduled parties will not be subject to any additional charges.
• You can cancel or reschedule the dance party with less than 48 hours notice.
- Parties cancelled will not receive a refund
- Parties rescheduled will be subject to a £20 admin fee.
• In the circumstance of you cancelling or rescheduling we cannot guarantee that any new dates will be successfully arranged.
• We will not refund you if you decide that you are not happy with either the tuition, choreography or party experience after the party has been completed. This is because you should alert us to any issues as detailed in ‘Complaints’ section, as soon as the problem arises during the party.
In the event that you are unhappy with the service provided by us or your teacher, you must raise the issue with us immediately to explain the situation. Any complaint will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. Depending on individual circumstances, we may arrange for a replacement teacher. In extreme circumstances, we will offer a refund for the party.. If a replacement teacher can be arranged, we reserve the right to reschedule the party.
• We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement at any time by giving 24 hours notice.
• We reserve the right to terminate this Agreement immediately should you be in breach of contract.
• You may terminate this Agreement by giving 48 hours notice. This will be subject to the terms and fees details in the ‘Cancellation and Rescheduling’ section.
You agree that we and our teachers will not be liable to you for any claim or demand, including reasonable solicitor’s fees, due to or arising from the lessons you had with us.
Entire Agreement and Applicable Law
This Agreement sets out all of the Terms and Conditions between us and you.
This contract shall be governed in accordance with the laws of England and English Courts and shall have jurisdiction in relation to the Agreement. We reserve the right to alter these Terms and Conditions from time to time without giving notice to you.